Packt Publishing – Fundamentals of IoT Security
English | Size: 502.64 MB
The Internet of things is the network of physical objects or things embedded with electronics, software, sensors and network connectivity which enables these objects to collect and exchange data.
In this volume, Fundamentals of IOT Security, we will cover fundamental aspects of the Internet of Things, to include a review of use cases across various industries, we will discuss common IoT components and technologies to provide a baseline understanding of the systems and devices that you need to protect.We will also review common security architectures that can be applied to IoT systems, and discusses regulations and standards that apply to securing IoT systems.We will study of IOT components such as the IoT (hardware, real-time operating systems (RTOS), Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), messaging and communication protocols and backend services. We will discuss threats to IoT systems, attack vectors, current security regulations and standards and common security architectures. We will examine Privacy by Design (PbD) principles and walk through an example Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA).
By the end of this volume, you will understand the fundamentals of IoT systems and IoT security and be able to identify threats and required mitigations to their own IoT systems.
What You Will Learn
• Deep dive into common IoT components and technologies to protect your systems and devices.
• Explore common IoT use cases across Industries for connected vehicles, microgrids and
enterprise drone systems
• Learn current security issues related to the IoT and common security architectures
• Identify Threats, Vulnerabilities and Risks
• Walk through a real-world threat model for IoT systems and identify top priority risks
• Incorporating privacy controls into the new IoT systems designs
• Discuss privacy regulations and standards that apply to securing IoT systems and keeping
stakeholder information private.
• In-depth exploration of privacy challenges and mitigations for the IoT
If any links die or problem unrar, send request to goo.gl/aUHSZc